Avo & Pea Smash with Haloumi Toastie
By Shahna Sarpi – https://shahnasarpi.com/
Gluten Free | Vegetarian | Pescatarian Serves 1
– 1 Zero Food red rice protein toastie
– Drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil, for cooking – 1/2 cup frozen peas
– 1/3 avocado
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– 50g haloumi, sliced
1. Cook the toastie according to packet instructions.
2. Add a drizzle of olive oil to a frying pan over medium heat. Add the peas and sauté
for 5 minutes, until cooked.
3. Place the peas in a bowl and add the haloumi to the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes on
each side, until golden.
4. Mash together the cooked peas and avocado, then season with salt and pepper. 5. Top the warm toastie with the avo and pea smash, as well as the cooked haloumi.