Capsicum Hummus with Charred Zucchini
by Conor Curran – Creamy_confusion
1 red capsicum
1 can chickpeas (drained)
1 tbl sp tahini
1/2 lemon (juice)
1 tbl sp smoked paprika
3 tbl sp olive oil (extra for zucchini and capsicum)
3 garlic cloves (diced)
2 pinches salt
2 cracks black pepper
2 zucchinis (peeled into ribbons using peeler)
2 ZERO Foods Black Rice Toasties
Micro Basil (garnish)
Society Garlic (garnish)
- Put oven on grill setting to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Place capsicum on tray and drizzle a little olive oil on the top and place under grill for 8-10 minutes or until skin is dark and deeply charred. Leave to the side to cool. Once cooled, peel off skin and dice into pieces.
- In blender place capsicum pieces, chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, smoked paprika, olive oil, garlic, pepper and salt. Blitz into paste and then slowly add in drips of cold water until your hummus becomes a super smooth dip.
- In bowl place, zucchini ribbons with a drizzle of oil and coat. Place a non-stick saucepan on high heat on stove and let it come up to a high temperature. Once hot place zucchini ribbons on heat and cook until bright in colour. Remove from heat and put to the side.
- Toast your ZERO Food Black Rice Toasties on high heat in toaster.
- To put together, place capsicum hummus on the bottom of the Toastie. Divide zucchini ribbons between the two Toasties and finish micro basil and society garlic, or any fragrant micro herbs you have available.