Black Rice Pizza Mushroom Melt with Portobello Mushrooms, Pecorino, Herb Heavy Emulsion, Truffle.
Recipe by Conor Curran
Black Rice Pizza Mushroom Melt
1 Zero Foods Black Rice Pizza Crust
2 Portobello Mushrooms (Chopped lengthways in five)
Shaved Pecorino (enough to cover base)
1 egg yolk
1 tbl sp dijon mustard
1 tea spoon white wine vinegar
100ml vegetable oil
1/2 lime (juice)
4 stalks of tarragon (reserve yellow flowers to the side)
Handful of parsley (chopped finely)
10 stands of chives (chopped finely)
Blood orange zest (if prefer you can use the zest of the lime)
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees celcius
- Remove Black Rice Pizza Crust from plastic wrap and place on tray or baking paper. Scatter mushrooms around evenly. Drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of salt, before layering pecorino shavings to cover.
- Pop into the oven and let cook for 15 minutes or less depending on strength of your oven (Check at 12 minutes to make sure your pecorino is just browning and not overcooking)
- Whilst melt is cooking, in a bowl add egg yolk, dijon and white wine vinegar and whisk together. Slowly drizzle in your vegetable a little bit at a time to emulsify and bring together. Make sure you are whisking hard when oil is going in so not to split emulsion.
- Once emulsion is done, add in lime juice, 2 pinches of salt, cracked pepper, tarragon leaves, parsley and most of your chives (reserving some to garnish later), and with a spoon mix it all together.
- Once 15 minutes hits, remove base from over and finish off with spots of your herb emulsion, a liberal drizzle of truffle oil, pinch of salt, blood orange zest and any tarragon flowers you have to garnish.
- Bone Apple Teeth.